A provider of medical education and communication services to the healthcare industry.
The Director of Operations will lead and develop the Project Management team to strategically execute clinical research related projects, interact with clients, problem solve and enhance client satisfaction. The Director will partner with Sales, Finance, and Production/Service teams to assist in securing, maintaining and building long term client relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Project Management team to optimize performance, and growth of team members. Manage day to day performance, coaching, annual reviews and client issues
- Provide input into proposal development, budgets, and project scheduling to execute on-time and within budget/profitability parameters
- A commitment to excellence in project management service levels and responsiveness to clients
- Ongoing analysis of service delivery and changing client needs to improve overall service level
- Implement objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the department.
- Participate in management meetings and contribute to overall company direction
- Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with senior-level client contacts
- Further develop customer satisfaction metrics and benchmarking tools
- B.S. or B.A. in science related field, Business or Marketing, additional healthcare experience or certification desirable but not required (CRA, PharmD, etc)
- Knowledge of Biotech, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industry, and a good understanding of industry trends impacting the Clinical Research industry
- A strong interest in working for a company where the service offering is at the intersection of healthcare and technology for clinical trial clients
- A minimum of 5-8 years experience in the healthcare industry preferred, with at least two years in a role related to Clinical Research (this can include working for a CRO, EDC, IVRS, Patient Recruitment or other related services company, a mix of sponsor and service provider experience is acceptable)
- A minimum 3 years supervisory experience, managing at five or more direct reports (coaching, managing performance, hiring)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and maintain diverse client relationships
- Effective decision making skills, good judgment
- Strong leadership skills, able to work cross functionally and with senior leadership
- Highly motivated individual with diligent work ethic
- Able to drive best practices in support of 21CFR11 and Good Clinical Practice guidelines as impact our clients and projects
- Understands “services” business model and appreciates importance of customer service, value and quality
- PC experience with Windows operating system and a variety of software programs (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, database applications, etc.)